Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy 54th Anniversary to my sweetie and me

Today, June 10th, is our 54th Wedding Anniversary. I married my high school sweetheart 3 days after graduating from high school. Buzz was a year ahead of me in school and had enlisted in the US Army, shortly after graduation. He was a private and was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington. I graduated from high school in Sarasota, Florida and flew to Washington to get married. I guess you could say I eloped all by myself.  Being so far away from our parents forced us to grow up very quickly, but it was the best thing ever!!!

The boy that I fell in love with!!!
Pretty cute.....huh!!!


This was us then.
I had to put this together, as we didn't take pics.


This was our family on our 50th Anniversary........
The 3 in the back are our children....
The 3 in the front are our oldest son's girls.
The little girl in the middle belongs to our younger son.


We have added another granddaughter to our little family.......
I couldn't leave her out.........Such a cutie!!!
I made her dress.....such fun to sew for little ones.


This was us last winter.........
Think we have survived the 54 years pretty good!!!


I love him as much today as I did in 1957.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So wonderful!! Congrats!! You guys are a true inspiration!!
May I ask what is in your ear in the black and white photo you had to put together? Looks interesting!! Or maybe I need my glasses on! :)