I have already fixed the dark red corded piece. Some of the knots were too small and the beads would not stay put. I painstakingly took it completely apart and re-strung it. I added silver wood beads to the large beads so they wouldn't slip through.
Next, I took the clasp off the black necklace and added a length of the silver chain to make it longer. My next task was how to make a leather flower. After lots of trial and error, I checked out some You-tube videos and finally made one. It was pretty easy, once I figured out how to do it. I will do a tutorial soon. I used a vintage button from my stash for the center and love how it turned out.
Close-up of my "Rose"
That was my weekend project. I love being retired, am sort of dis-organized..........but never bored.